YachtChefs.com is your personal but professional chef recruitment agency to use when you need to hire your […]
New to Yachting? Beginners guide to getting chef jobs on yachts!
Tips and advice content here is given by chefs already working in the industry: (click link to visit that posting)
HOW TO FIND YOUR FIRST JOB:
- WHAT TO EXPECT ONBOARD A YACHT WHEN WORKING AS A CHEF?
- WHAT SALARY, HOURS, PACKAGE ETC?
- WHAT IS ACCOMMODATION LIKE ONBOARD?
- STCW 95, ENG1 AND FOOD SAFETY? ANY OTHER COURSES?
- STCW REVALIDATION AND TRAINING?
- PROVISIONING, SUPPLIERS, MANAGING YOUR GALLEY?
- WHICH PORTS TO GO TO WHEN LOOKING FOR YOUR FIRST JOB?
- WHERE TO STAY WHEN JOB HUNTING?
- ADVICE FOR REGISTERING WITH AGENCIES?
- ADVICE ON CV WRITING?
- USING FACEBOOK AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA TO FIND A JOB? WHICH FB GROUPS TO JOIN?
PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED CHEFS:
- ADVICE TO CHEFS WHO ARE SOUS OR HEAD CHEF LEVEL AN LOOKING TO WORK ON YACHTS?
- ADVICE TO CDP OR COMMIS CHEFS LOOKING TO WORK IN YACHTING?
UNTRAINED CHEFS (COOKS):
- ADVICE TO SOMEONE WITH BASIC COOKING SKILLS WHO WANTS TO COOK ON YACHTS?