Glam Yachting, Global Logistics & Management, is a new interactive platform which offers dedicated and customized services […]
Méribel, France; Méribel is part of the Three Valleys, one of the largest ski areas in the world.
From end Nov 2014 to end April 2015
Dependant on experience, but highly competitive. Package includes accommodation, food and drinks, ski pass, skis/board and boots, medical insurance, transport (from London) to and from the resort. Additional performance-based bonus will also be awarded at the end of the season.
No age restriction but applicants under 24 years are highly unlikely to have sufficient experience.
The Chef works alongside the Chalet Manager, Chalet Assistant(s) (where applicable) and the Chalet Assistant/Driver to manage his/her assigned chalet on a day to day basis, ensuring that the guests’ needs are met at all times while maintaining the Company’s standards. The chef’s primary responsibility is for the provision of exceptional quality food and drinks.
We truly aim to deliver the best food in the Alps, and arguably succeed in this – we won The Times Chalet Chef 2010 award – “upmarket category”. So we are serious about our food and have very high standards!
The hours are long and the job is physically and emotionally demanding and you need to be good at working as part of a team. You must have extremely high work standards, be customer-focused, self motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious.
No shopping required! Also, limited budgeting and reporting.
Applicants should hold a recognised cooking qualification (e.g., City & Guilds 7061/2, NVQ level 3 or equivalent) and MUST demonstrate at least 4 years post-qualification experience in the professional kitchens of restaurants of 3 AA rosette standard or equivalent, having held chef de partie or more senior positions.
Previous chalet work is not required and while spoken French is not necessary, it can be an advantage.
Applicants who get through the initial screening processes will probably be asked to cook a test dinner.
Service : General
- Contacts guests (party leaders) by telephone before their arrival to introduce yourself and confirm/determine/discuss any special dietary and other special requirements
- Helps make birthdays and anniversaries special
- On changeover days, helps to welcome guests and arrange servicing and/or hire of ski equipment, ski lessons etc. as required
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski website and the Staff Manual.
Service : Cooking
- Provides exceptional quality breakfast, afternoon tea (including freshly baked cakes/slices), children’s high tea, pre-dinner canapés, dinner (at least 3 “main” courses plus cheese, on 1-2 nights does 6-7 course tasting menu) and truffles/petit-fours with appropriate wine and drinks, 6 days per week. Caters for any special diets as required (e.g., vegetarian, gluten free etc.)
- Selects (from the Purple Ski cellar) and serves suitable wines at dinner
- Cooks for self and all other staff working in / supporting the chalet
- Prepares picnics for Purple Ski airport transfers as required
Service : Housekeeping
- Ensures that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in/around the chalet at all times:
- Cleans kitchen, kitchen equipment and dining room/area, leaving all areas clear and spotless after each service (i.e., breakfast and dinner) and before leaving the chalet. Weekly (usually on changeover day) performs a thorough clean of these areas, including oven, fridges and freezer, microwaves etc..
- On changeover day, in addition to the above, works closely with the rest of the chalet team, does whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition for the guests and efficient changeover for staff. Helps with cleaning and bed making etc. as required
- Manages and cleans all food storage areas within the chalet
- Helps chalet manager/assistant clear away after mealtimes and clean up
- In conjunction with the rest of the chalet team, sets up and closes down the chalet at the start and end of the season
- Maintains a record of all dinner menus, breakfast and afternoon tea dishes and submits these weekly as required
- Takes the lead in the management of stocks of all items/requirements for the chalet: prepares and submits orders to the Supplies and Maintenance Manager on a timely basis, performs stock takes as requested, explains any exceptional usage as requested. Ensures that all variable chalet costs are kept within budgeted levels
- Ensures that fridge and freezer temperatures are maintained at a safe level for the storage and preservation of food; reports any issues immediately
- Reports any maintenance/repair issues promptly and helps in resolution as much as possible
- Helps ensures guests settle bills for any extras incurred during the holiday
- Encourages guests to complete the visitors’ book
Pay is usually £300pw (gross) plus the usual benefits (travel, lift pass, insurance, accommodation etc) plus end of season bonuses etc.
In the first instance please complete the online application form by clicking here.