GLAM Yachting Day – 9th September 2021- CannesSeptember 14, 2021
Glam Yachting, Global Logistics & Management, is a new interactive platform which offers dedicated and customized services […]
CREW ALERT: TO ALL YACHT CREW – PLEASE READ AND SHARE WITH FELLOW CREW IN INDUSTRY!
I justed wanted to share some information to all yacht chefs and other yacht crew…
To all yacht crew…. please… please.. please make sure that when you join a new yacht and you receive a contract or full SEA that you make sure you have full medical insurance cover whilst you are employed on the yacht.
– Then always ask for a copy of the medical insurance policy or handbook and know what your cover consists of and keep a paper copy of the 24 hour Emergency telephone contact for the insurance provider and save a copy on your phone as well as your employment or SEA contract.
– Make sure you know what your cover consists of: will they repatriate you to your home port, home town and how many weeks pay will you get covered whilst off sick or injured and on what basis is this pay? Full pay, a percentage etc..
– Will your medical insurance cover pay for you to get emergency treatment in a private hospital or clinic or is it only the local public hospital?
– Are you costs of transport, food and accom provided whilst you wait to be treated or of you are not able to go back onboard your yacht.
– Does your repatriation flight or journey cover all flights, taxis, and transport and food during your trip to your home or back to the yacht?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.